The use of solar power for illuminating streets and other public places is getting popular day by day. It has become a dependable source of lighting streets around the globe. There are multiple benefits of using solar street lighting fixtures, like conservation of energy, use of a conventional source of energy, and less dependence on the national grid. Tropical countries that receive ample sunlight most time of the year can be highly benefited from this source of light.
These days, outdoor solar lighting solutions are powered by an in-built battery, PV panels, smart sensors, LED lights, everything integrated into one compact unit. This form of lighting option has become an environment-friendly and cost-effective way of lighting streets and public places.
As much as solar energy is a cost-effective option for lighting, using LEDs with solar light becomes a super saver combo. LED lights are long-lasting, maintenance-free, and known for energy conservation. These specifications of solar LED luminaires are perfect for lighting-up roads, streets, parks, etc.
Advantages of solar-powered outdoor lights
As infrastructure facilities around the world are getting stronger, the usage of modern solar street luminaries is increasing rapidly. It is because these lights come with inbuilt lithium-ion batteries, embedded solar panel, night and motion sensors, battery management system and automatic controls.
Some other notable benefits of solar street luminaires are mentioned in the pointers noted below:
● Solar street lights are water-resistance and weatherproof and have a low glare and low insect attrition rate.
● The solar panels in these lights convert solar energy into electrical energy that gets stored in the inbuilt battery and is utilized for dusk-to-dawn lighting operations.
● The main feature of contemporary solar street luminaires is the battery management system which aids the presence of motion and night sensors.
● In the first five hours of the night, the performance of the system is up to medium-level brightness. The intensity of light decreases progressively until dawn or till the time the PIR sensor is activated by the movement of humans.
● With a smart lighting option, it automatically turns on to full brightness when it senses human movement within a specific radius of the luminaire.
● In comparison to conventional street lights, solar outdoor luminaires require almost no maintenance.
These unmatchable and smart features of solar LED street lights allow people to rely on this type of luminaires. Trusting SolarRISE LED by Wipro Lighting can be advantageous due to a number of benefits like high efficacy SMD LED with secondary lens optics for uniform street lighting distribution, constructed with high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon photovoltaic panel, and many more.